Sunday, February 10, 2013

Lenten project

In case you didn't know, Lent is the 40 day period from Ash Wednesday to Easter Sunday.  Traditionally, Catholics give something up for Lent-chocolate, alcohol, the Internet, etc.  

This year, I'm going to do something a little different during Lent.  Each day, I'm going to clear out a space-whether it's a drawer, a closet, or a room.  By clearing out the old, the forgotten, the unwanted, I'm hoping to make room for the new-a fresh start, if you will.

It's amazing how much stuff one can accumulate over time.  The physical clutter can become metal clutter as well.  At times, it can become overwhelming-there is just so much stuff, you don't know where to begin.  I'm hoping that by attacking it little by little, day by day, I can not only free up space in my house, but also clear up space in my mind-for organization, for creativity, etc.

So that's my goal for Lent.  What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment