Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Goal Oriented

Here we are, nine days into the new year.  I'm not one for resolutions-they're usually broken by this point!  I do, however, have some goals for this year:

Action, not words-I am the queen of talking a good talk-saying I'm going to do something, try something, and then not follow through.  This year, I want to take some of the thoughts and ideas rumbling around in my brain and put them into practice.  I've already started by taking a pottery class, something I've always wanted to do.

Au Naturel-Like a lot of people, I want to improve my health.  I definitely need to lose weight, but I want to go beyond that.  I want to simplify my food, cut out the crap, and get rid of the fake stuff.  Put only the very best in my body and on my body (remember: your skin is your largest organ!).

Look up from the screen-I love technology as much as everyone else. But I think I spend WAY too much time looking at my phone, computer screen, and tv (sometimes all 3 at the same time!).  I need to focus more on the people and the world around me.

Spend more meaningful time with my kids-My kids are 20, 15, and 12.  They are great kids-easy going and fairly independent.  They are all good at doing their own thing and I've taken that for granted.  It doesn't matter how old they are-I still have to engage them, teach them things, listen to what they have to say.  I don't want years to go by only to look back at some point and say, "if only....'

Those are just a few of my goals.  I'm sure they will get amended and new ones will pop up.  I would love to hear some of your goals for this New Year!

Onward into 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment