Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Ah, disappointment

M&M's have a lot of different varieties: mint, peanut butter, crispy, and pretzel, in addition to the usual regular and peanut varieties.  Late last year, I read on Facebook that they would be coming out with a caramel version and my heart skipped a beat.  That sounded like a match made in heaven!  But, I would have to wait until this spring.

My wait ended on Tuesday, when I spotted a bag in Walmart.  So I decided to bring them home and let everyone try them.


I don't know what everyone else thought of them, but since the bag is now gone, I suppose my kids didn't totally hate them!  However, I must confess I was disappointed.  I am not exactly sure what I thought they would be like.  They are the size of peanut M&M's, kind of bulky looking, and the filling, well, they taste like candy coated Milk Duds.  I envisioned the filling to be creamier, more liquid, and smaller, but perhaps that just isn't possible.

Oh well, I guess I can go back to one of the other versions.  But I think this will be a one and done purchase....

No comments:

Post a Comment