Monday, March 9, 2015

For Your Amusement



The above is a photo of a feminine hygiene spray.  If you look closely, you will see that it is scented.  The name of the scent?  Tahitian Sunset.  This confused me.  Tahitian Breeze I could understand, maybe.  But isn't a sunset a visual thing?  Why would you give a scented product a visual adjective?

I have never been to Tahiti.  I have heard many wonderful things about the island.  I have never heard anything about its wonderful smelling sunsets.  Europeans have been to this island since the late 1700's.  They have written many things about Tahiti.  I would think fresh smelling sunsets would have made the top of the list.

Also, I have sprayed this product (yes, I bought it; don't judge).  I would expect something labeled "Tahitian Sunset" to smell exotic, like coconut, pineapple, tropical beaches.  It smells nothing like that.  If anything, it smells faintly like peaches.  Which would make it more of a Georgian sunset, in my opinion.

I would love to meet the crackerjack marketing team that decided on this moniker.  The only thing this adjective describes is possibly the color on the front.  Which would be fine, if this were lipstick or hair coloring.  But it's not.  It's a spray.  Which is generally experienced with your nose, not your eyes.  

Summer's Eve.  Let your ladyparts smell like a Tahitian Sunset.  Which is impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment