Monday, January 5, 2015

2015 Reading Challenge

Around New Year's Day, someone posted a reading challenge on Facebook.  52 categories of books to read.  Now that's my kind of challenge!  I thought it would be a good idea to blog about the books I chose to read as well; hopefully others will take this challenge and share what they've read.

I decided that one book can fill a few categories.  Here is the list that was posted on Facebook:










My first entry is a trifecta-a book my mom loves, a book that can be read in a day, and a book that made me cry.  That book is The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom.

I first read this book a little over 10 years ago.  My mom was visiting at the time and she knew I would love this book.  I knew Mitch Albom as a sports reporter and I knew he had written Tuesdays with Morrie, although I have never read that book.  This is a short book, perfect for those who want a quick read.  But don't let it's simplicity fool you-it packs an emotional wallop-it did for me, at least.  It's the story of a carnival handyman who dies and the five people he meets in heaven.  It's a story that makes you think about life and everyone you come into contact with during your life.  I would definitely recommend it, and if you're like me, have the tissues handy-I needed them halfway through the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment